Health Metrics & Goals
Data & Steps
How does StepsApp update my steps and other records?
In general, you have two possibilities to update your steps and other records with StepsApp:
1. Keeping StepsApp in sync with Apple Health (this is particularly useful for users with an Apple Watch or a Third Party Watch)
2. Deactivating Apple Health Sync. In that way, StepApp and the Apple Watch both read your data from the motion sensor.
Important Hint: When you are in Sync with Apple Health, Apple Health combines the steps from the Apple Watch and StepsApp. The Fitness App reads your steps only from your Apple Watch.
How to change the sync mode:
- Please open StepsApp
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap on "Apple Health"
- Turn "Apple Health Sync" Off or On if you want both devices to stay in sync
- Which extra features are included in the Pro version?
- How can I restore my purchase?
- How do I request a refund?
- What should I do if StepsApp does not count steps?
- How does StepsApp count my steps?
- Can I use StepsApp on iPad?
- What should I do if my watch does not count steps?
- What do I have to do in order not to lose my data when changing phone?
- How do I connect my Fitbit to StepsApp?
- Why do I have limited access to new Pro Feature, even though I bought a one-time purchase for StepsApp Pro?