This is the fastest way to burn the calories from your Christmas cookies!
Eating sweets shouldn’t be completely forbidden right away. Of course, it makes sense to reduce your sugar intake, but sometimes you just can’t resist. Especially at Christmas, the delicious cookies are worth a sin. We’ll tell you how you can burn the excess calories right away so that you can sin with a clear conscience.
1. Mix endurance and strength in training
If you want to lose lots of calories quickly, mix up your workouts. This stimulates different energy levels and stimulates your energy combustion. Gentle endurance training combined with high intensity workouts is best. For example, you can mix a training session of strength and endurance in which you start with, for example, a relaxed warm-up and then build in 3-5 minutes on the cardio machine between the exercises.
Here is an example of an intensive training session where you are bound to lose a lot of calories.
- 10min warm up on the treadmill or bicycle ergometer
- Chest strength training (e.g. 2-3 rounds of 10-20 pushups or bench presses)
- 3min stepper intensive
- Back strength training (e.g. 2-3 rounds of lat pull-ups or pull-ups)
- 2min bike ergometer intensive
- Strength training legs (e.g. 2-3 rounds of leg press or squat)
- 1min stepper intensive
- Training lower back and stomach (e.g. 3 rounds of sit-ups and back raises)
- 10min ride on the ergometer
You can vary the duration of the cardioparts and reduce the number of strength training sessions if it is too intense for you.
2. Movement in everyday life
Motivate yourself to exercise as much as possible in everyday life. The best thing to do is to walk a lot and make sure that you come up to 8,000-15,000 steps. With StepsApp you can, for example, set step goals to achieve a certain distance, number of steps or even calories directly. Spread the steps over the day so you won’t even notice it and at the end of the day you can easily check your progress in the evaluation in StepsApp and adjust your goals.
3. If you are already snacking, bake low-sugar Christmas cookies
Because sugar is usually one of the main ingredients in conventional cakes, cookies or sweet pastries, alongside butter and flour. Fortunately, there are plenty of great sugar alternatives such as dates or bananas. These make baking without sugar a pleasure. This way you can avoid sugar and bake sugar-free.